Have you ever thought to yourself Could I foster?
The most important factor in becoming a foster carer is your commitment to providing a stable environment for a child or young person.
You can be:
- male or female,
- straight or gay,
- married or single,
- a parent or have no children of your own.
To become a Cardiff foster carer you must be over 21 and have:
- a desire to give a child or young person a home
- the ability to relate to children and understand their needs
- the ability to work as part of team with families and professionals
- a reasonable level of health and fitness
- time, energy and a sense of humour
- patience, stability and understanding
- 1 or more spare bedrooms
- live in Cardiff (or within approximately 20 miles of the border)
- the ability to take tthe child / young person to school and other activities, including contact with their parents where necessary.
If you choose to foster with us you will be provided with a high level of ongoing support and be entitled to a number of rewards and benefits dependent on your experience.